Epson Toyocom Announces World’s Smallest High-Precision Gyro Sensor for Car Navi
– TOKYO, Japan, October 11, 2006 –
The XV-8000CB leverages the excellent stability of crystal-based gyro elements in addition to Epson Toyocom’s original crystal microprocessing technology, low-power analog circuit technology, and packaging technology to achieve a gyro sensor that is both highly accurate and the world’s smallest at just 5.0 x 3.2 x 1.3 mm. In addition, its unique device structure gives superior resistance to shock and vibration.
Consumers are demanding more features and better accuracy for car navigation systems and other GPS applications. The ultra-compact and thin structure of the XV-8000CB gives more freedom in design and makes it possible to squeeze more features into a compact space.
Epson Toyocom develops gyro sensors and a variety of other sensing devices to provide solutions that meet the needs of our customers.
- Ultra-compact and thin size (5.0 x 3.2 x 1.3 mm)
- Stable output with built-in crystal gyro elements and temperature compensation circuit
- Superior resistance to shock and vibration; ideal for automobile applications
- Thermal sensor output terminal enables use for correcting system temperature
- Airtight structure gives excellent environmental resistance
|Supply voltage||4.75 to 5.25||V|
|Operating temperature range||-40 to +85||°C|
|Zero-point voltage temperature variation||±3.5||%|
|Dimensions||5.0 x 3.2 x 1.3||mm|
*1 Among gyro sensors for car navigation systems (according to Epson Toyocom research as of October 2, 2006).
*2 Accuracy of DR processing in estimating vehicle location in a car navigation system can be improved by adding angle calculations based on speed pulse and gyro sensors to the GPS positioning calculations.
*3 No lead is used on the terminals or inside of this product. EU RoHS Directive compliant.
Click here for Epson Toyocom